layer of paint

malibumike

Frequent Racer
Oct 6, 2005
BANGOR ,PA
has anyone have a problem when u feather edge a spot on your car? because i did a spot on my car and this layer of paint the primer wont stick to it. and i was reapinting a door i got for a malibu and feather edged a couple of spots and primed it and the primer lifted over the same layer of paint. so im gonna wetsand the door and spray to more coats and see if it goes away.

malibumike

Frequent Racer
Oct 6, 2005
BANGOR ,PA
on the spot on my car i used self ecthing primer. but when i painted the door i used epoxy primer. this layer of paitn no matter how much u sand it, it stills shiney.

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
Your using the wrong kind of primer. Self etch is just to get stuff to stick. You need to be using a catalyzed urethane primer. It fill very well and doesn't lift.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
alot of times if you put the product on too heavy it might pull the old finish.try dsuting the first two coats before pounding it on.the etch primer is ment to be light coats only on metal.i like using epoxy vs self etch.i like that the epoxy can double as a sealer.i perfer catlyized products,helps me sleep at night.remember to stick with the tech sheets,(flash time etc)they help.keep us posted

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts