Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mine doesnt leak

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

malibujoel

Amateur Racer
May 10, 2005
Plymouth , MI
I have a great idea that im going to try this summer. Many people have complained about their self contained procharger units leaking oil over and over again after having them rebuilt by procharger. Well, paxton now carries a self contained unit that has a sintered bronze vent on the top to prevent the gear case from pressurizing and depressurizing during hard use. I emailed them directly and get this response, this was the question "I was wondering about the function and purpose of the bronze vent on the new sl model units. Does the venting on this new model prevent leakage issues typical of self contained models? I'm interested in both the procharger and paxton self contained models, but have heard that the prochargers have leakage issues. I am just wondering if the vent on this prevents the pressurized head unit from depressurizing oil back out after hard use." and the answer from paxton, "your assumption is correct. the vent stops oil from seeping out of the unit during hard use." So im going to drill and tap my leaking procharger with a 1/8" pipe thread and install a rear axle bronze vent. bastards. oh and it only had about 3,000 miles before leaking and it wasn't the drain o-ring. Please tell us about any leakage issues with your supercharger, any brand.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts