Lincoln Mark VIII 2 speed wiring help

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
After bench racing with some friends I have decided to do away with my heavy duty clutch fan and go with an electric fan setup..I have no cooling issues now, I only want to free up some HP and clean things up a bit in the engine bay...I scored a Cutlass top tray and a Lincoln Mark Viii 2 speed fan....I heard these fans are almost a exact fit for our cars....I am not that sharp on electrical issues...What's the best way/ how to hook these up??

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I would install a temp bulb in the block, or at least in the radiator and use a relay to power it. DO NOT just run it through a switch to the dash. The switch will get left on and kill the battery, or will overheat and short out...

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I found this, he's an authorized vendor on MOntecarloss.com and he makes harness custom as well, he's highly reccomended: http://stores.therelaycenter.com/-strse-25/Electric-fan-dual-speed/Detail.bok

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL
JBreu how did that relay harness work out for you.......need to redo mine again and wanted did this one work out..........

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
383S10 said:
JBreu how did that relay harness work out for you.......need to redo mine again and wanted did this one work out..........
Worked out pretty darn good...Had one of the relays get disconnected but I fixed it up and was all set with it. I'd reccomend his harness for sure.

383S10

Frequent Racer
Feb 29, 2004
Huntsville, AL
JBreu said:
383S10 said:
Worked out pretty darn good...Had one of the relays get disconnected but I fixed it up and was all set with it. I'd reccomend his harness for sure.

Did you add a temp switch to it? If you have pics can you post some.......thanks....

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I used a temp sender that I put in the intake manifold, on at 180 and off at 160 or 165 can't remember....that was for the low speed and for the high speed I hooked that up to a toggle switch, when at the track I kept it in high..NO pics, car not home with me as I'm building a new garage..Pretty easy though.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts