Looking for ideas

LETSDRG

Weekend Racer
Apr 14, 2009
Grosse Ile, MI
So im just looking for some ideas to improve my 60' time here. I have a 1980 monte carlo with a small block that makes 451 wheel. i just took it to the track friday for the first time with the new motor and trans. its a TH-350 with a brake and 4300 stahl. I have the 2 step set to 3500. It hooks good on the 28X10 goodyear slicks, and lifts the front left about 8 inches every time. but my first pass was my best with a 1.72 60' and went a 11.66 at 116, after that they were 1.79 or worse. Everything suspesion wise is 100% stock except i have 90/10's in the front. my next purchase is going to be a anti roll bar. But i just feel this car should be 60'ing a lot harder then this...

has 3.90 gear in the 9 inch
any ideas?!

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
Well seeing how your suspension is still 100% stock and 20 years old. I think it is safe to say that the rear suspension components are shot. What I would suggest looking into is a rear lift bar to not only only help with your 60fts and allow you to change your instant center, they are also a solid box piece with offset holes so you are still able to run a rear sway bar with out any ground clearance issues. And They also feature a energy suspension bushing that is grease-able. And as far as the uppers go I would suggest looking into a set of adjustable uppers to allow you adjust your pinion angle as well for the best all around performance. And to keep the frame straight and solid I would suggest going with a set of frame braces to allow you to reinforce the mounting locations of the control arms. Then once you get everything solid I would suggest looking into a different set of shocks to to help with weight transfer as well. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_60

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad :D

mybigwarwagon

Frequent Racer
Mar 26, 2009
Crouse, nc
2010 -1980 = 30 years old, not 20. Come one do the math right dancin_banana.gif

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
sorry to hijack but :worthless:

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
I like it! That is a really nice set up. And sorry it is a 30 year young vehicle. But seeing how the vehicle still maintains the factory control arms and shocks. I would say they are shot and not allowing you to put the power to the ground. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks
Brad :D

LETSDRG

Weekend Racer
Apr 14, 2009
Grosse Ile, MI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXwF4MCvwA

Here is a video of it at the track. the first 2 are in car, but skip to 3:30 in the video to see it from behind.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts