looking into getting a set of heads

81malibu355

Amateur Racer
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, NJ
hey guys, im looking into getting a set of heads. right now on my motor, i have 883 heads. i have heard bad things about this head. they flow like sh*t and i also heard they tend to crack. so what im asking is what would be a good set of heads for my motor? mind you, i DO NOT know the compression of my motor. and also, i DO NOT know what pistons are in my motor. i will have to take my heads off now to find out what pistons i have. i was looking at a set of World Products Sportsman II heads. and my friend has them on his 327 and they make very nice power for that motor but im just looking for some suggestions for now. thanks in advance guys.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
well i would say that the 882 are the mid grade of factory heads. they are better than 624's and not as good as the camel backs, but check to se if they have steam holes in them for using the 400 block. they can be made to flow half decent, but your money would be better spent on a set of aftermarkets.

81malibu355

Amateur Racer
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, NJ
bowtie81 said:
well i would say that the 882 are the mid grade of factory heads. they are better than 624's and not as good as the camel backs, but check to se if they have steam holes in them for using the 400 block. they can be made to flow half decent, but your money would be better spent on a set of aftermarkets.

i will be getting a set of aftermarket heads

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
If you want aluminum and your trying to be thrifty I would go edelbrock or patriot otherwise go with what bowtie81 mentioned.
brian

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Vortec heads would be a good upgrade for the $. IMHO

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I have dart pro-1 aluminum heads with the 200 cc.............I made 514 hp at 6800 rpm in a sbc with theses heads..WELL worth the $$

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!