Lowering Front info

DG racing

Nov 18, 2009
ok for a street & strip malibu i whant to lower my front end 2 inch

so should i use 2 inch drop spindles
or trick spring (moroso) that i read that on most cars its lowered 1.5 -2 inch automatic
(have stock v8 spring now)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Springs will probably have a softer ride to allow more stored energy for the launch/racing, spindles are more for driving because the only thing they do is move the rotor/caliper up 2" on the spindle itself. I don't race mine, so it has Hotchkis springs & Belltech spindles.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Doober said:
Springs will probably have a softer ride to allow more stored energy for the launch/racing, spindles are more for driving because the only thing they do is move the rotor/caliper up 2" on the spindle itself. I don't race mine, so it has Hotchkis springs & Belltech spindles.

What belltech spindles did you use, I know you can use S10 spindles but what year and do you have to use S10 rotors?

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Doober said:
Rotors are the same, and it's the same spindle for '82-'03 or so on pickups, '82-'97 for SUVs.
Spindle 2100 is what I use.

Thanks for the info, I bought a S10 to put a small block in and it came with everything to lower it (spindles and springs). So I'll use the spindels on the wagon.....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts