LQ4 - 86 Monte SS T-top Build

Piston

Frequent Racer
Jan 5, 2011
Spring Hill, KS
www.heartlandrc.com
Last year I bought a '86 Monte SS T-top roller with plans to fully restore it back to original, plans have changed! :)

This build will be more of a weekend toy for the street and strip, something I've always wanted to do but have never been in a position to make it happen... Here's goes nuthin'

The plan is to have this car doing a shake down run by the end of summer (time and money willing)
Parts and Plans:
LQ4 - pulled from 04 denali with 80k
4L80e - Silverado 2wd with 40k
Line lock and manual reverse valve body
Driveshaft Loop
BRP long tube headers
3" exhaust w/crossover and 40 series flowmasters dumped before rear axle
Edelbrock Intake / Ignition
750 Holley
A/C and Heater delete plate (already in place)
Rack and Pinion conversion
Griffin Radiator w/electric fans
MS4 camshaft with upgraded springs
ARP rod bolts
Manual brake conversion
larger wheel cylinders in rear or conversion to disc
remove all un-needed items to lighten it up

Sorry for the huge list/post but this is more of a note for me to remember all the crap I have to get lol

Here's the car during teardown stage

107.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0151.JPG

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
If its going to be a street strip toy, you may want to go through the TNT race shop (I believe tehy sell it) for the driveshaft safety loop, because it sits differently (sits farther back). As for teh project, I've been debating on that cam, I have the zo6 cam right now, but could use something better. I've done a majority of the other stuff you're listing so if you need any help, let me know.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
http://www.tntraceshop.com/1978-1988_G-body_120103.html

Believe that is the right one. Are you going to use motor mounts that allow the engine to sit back 1" or keep it in stocker location? Radios are nice to have for cruise ins and such, but majority of the time, hard to hear anyway :D.

Piston

Frequent Racer
Jan 5, 2011
Spring Hill, KS
www.heartlandrc.com
Started playing around with placement today and noticed I'll be changing the pan out for sure. The motor is out of a denali and drops down a good 4" below the crossmember. Probably go with a F-body pan and see how that looks. I'm waiting on my crossmember to come in before bolting or drilling the mounts in the frame.

engine.JPG

pmgm

Amateur Racer
Jun 2, 2007
OH
Nice build.... Im gathering parts for a 84 ss now... Please keep us posted on your build..

Thanks...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts