LQ4 with LS6 intake

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I'm replacing the truck intake (cable throttle body) with an LS6 intake. Can I use the truck throttle body and MAF or do I need the ones from the LS6?

TIA,
Dean

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
thanks, wasn't sure if they were interchangeable. Not looking for any gains except hood clearance with the LS6 intake.

t72ss402

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2007
Springfield, MO
What accessories are you running? If you have the truck then there is going to a little than just a change out. I beleave it is the whole way the belt is run that will interfer with the air inlet of the intake.

Good luck.

Tim.

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
not 100% sure on build just yet...still researching...will be holding onto everything for now until I figure out what I'm doing.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
The only issue you may have would be the height difference between car injectors and truck injectors (if you're running stock ones of course). The fuel rails wouldn't mount up correctly. I had to make some spacers for my intake/fuel rail/injector setup b/c I'm using SVO red tops so it made my rails set up about 1/2 inch.
I can take a pic and post it if you had any issues/questions. I'm just going on an assumption though, you may have everything planed out, but just trying to save you a little headache.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Here you are sir:
SAM_0329.jpg

SAM_0328.jpg

As you can see I'm running older style "red top" Ford/GM injectors which requires me to modify my plug ins b/c the truck injectors have different clips, but the o-ring and the fit are the same. The height difference on the two are less than 3/4 inch, and I made some small aluminum shims that are around .700 inch. The truck injectors are shorter than the car but I don't have a LSx car style injector to compare, but the older style that I have are pretty close b/c a lot of people run them in f-bodies and don't have to modify anything that I know of. So the difference is around 3/4 of an inch. I'm not sure what fuel rails you have and plan on using but I hope this info helps you out some. If you need any more pics, I'll be glad to walk in the garage and snap a few for you!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts