LS swap / Schoenfeld headers?

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
So I am debating going to an L92/T56 setup & trying to figure out what parts I am going to need/use before I actually start everything. I have seen that Schoenfeld makes headers for G bodies with LSx motors. Does anyone have these headers? If so, how well do they fit, what mounts are you using?

Thanks,
Scot

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
Get pacesetter longtubes for any ls1 f body. They fit the best imo

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
Know where any pics are of them installed?

80bu

Dragway Regular
Aug 19, 2004
Oak grove,mo
v8power said:
Get pacesetter longtubes for any ls1 f body. They fit the best imo
Pacesetters did not work for me. I have a ls1 t-56 and they hit on the passenger side with the 1" set back Carshop mounts. I used a set from a local guy that makes them and he sells them on ebay, they are shorty headers and are not the slip fit colector.

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
Somewhere I read that Schoenfeld made theirs similar to the Pacesetter ones, but made it so the passenger side fit better. I guess you gotta use the Trans-dapt motor mount plates with it.

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
388bu said:
Im running the BRP 1-7/8" LT headers and they fit good.

BRP ones are more than I want to spend. Aren't they like $700?

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
samckitt said:
Know where any pics are of them installed?

Conan-64 and Bigseth are the most recent ones on this site that used my mount plates with pacesetter headers with positive results. check their build threads out. if you run into any snags during the swap and have questions, feel free to call me, advice is free - 920-660-6895

quickie70

Weekend Racer
Feb 20, 2008
Denver, CO
I had issues with my headers as well. I agree, the BRP's are expensive, but after messing around with it for almost 2 weeks, I punted and went with the 1 7/8 (bigger tubes than any other manufacturer out there), and they are pure art. they clear everything with at least 1/2 inch. 2" tubes would have fit easily, but that's a bit overkill for my setup. You get what you pay for, and the BRP's will be around for years to come. It's worth the investment, in my opinion. My engine can grow, but my headers will always be these.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!