Ls1 + T56 swap in my 79 Monte. Wiring harness? Which one?

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
Hey guys,

at the moment I'm planning parts lists and so.

I'll get a 1998 LS1 with stock ECU and a T56 for my Monte Carlo 79.

Which wiring harness I should get? I'm a noob when it comes into these things and I don't know much about stuff like that.
I looked on ebay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170476710397

What do you think about that? This will work with my project??

LMK,
-Kevin

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Re: Ls1 + T56 swap in my 79 Monte. Wiring harness? Which one

They do some pretty good work, I won't lie at all. For somebody who does a little less pricey work, you can always check out http://www.wait4meperformance.com If you mail yours to him, he'll fix it and reprogram the computer to fit whatever need you have and mod you've done...my price was 350 plus shipping. Good luck either way!

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer

You know I'm in Germany and its pretty hard to find any american car parts like LS1 stuff over here...

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer

I'm reading about VATS delete and stuff. I asked that ebay seller about that and he said his wiring harness will not work with the 98 PCM because their harness build for a 99 PCM which is different.. IDK about that. He's offering the right PCM with VATS and emissions delete, lowering of fan temperatures and updates for the correct tire size and gear ratio for $185. So total would be $614 for wiring harness and tuned PCM.

Like said I don't know about stuff like that. I'm looking for a kind of "plug and play" :)

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky

98 LS1 PCM's and wiring harnesses are odd ball for the LSx engines. Find at least a 99+ PCM and harness.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts