m/t or hoosier Drag radial

scuba_steve's_bu

Frequent Racer
Apr 9, 2009
Rock Rapids, Iowa
im not sure about width but have been thinking about switching to the hoosier quick time pro from the bfg drag radial we run now.

jakedog

Frequent Racer
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY
I myself have never ran em but all the guys around here run the mickey's, All i hear is great stuff about them. I talked to summit and the guy told me they are highly underrated from mickey thompson, he even said its a great tire ! Someday i will be trying em !

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
I've run both and like the Hoosier better. The sidewall is softer on the Hoosier making it more compliant on a marginal track surface. Some real quick cars claim the sidewalls don't hold up as well as the M/T's.

I guess it comes down to how quick the car is, how long a burnout you do, and how hard it hits the tire.

I would NOT run the Hoosier on the street, but that's just me. I feel it's a pure bread racing tire with a DOT stamp, but really doesn't belong on a street car. Maybe a short trip here or there, but no street/strip deals seeing any appreciable miles.

On a good track, the M/T is a good tire, on a marginal track, the Hoosier is a better choice, but may have less tire life than the M/T.

trade-offs...

madmoose63

Frequent Racer
Apr 20, 2008
Bryan,Ohio
I run the MT radials and my best 60' is in the 1.5's...I also pull both front tires on the strip......my car is heavy...3740 lbs.......just a good old street car......I really like them when i cruise uptown too

SURESHOT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 29, 2008
LONG ISALND NEW YORK
HOOSIERS is the way to go in my opinion ...
i also like the bfg drag radial

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts