Malibu 2 door Real Lower Quarter Patch Panels

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
I have been through the past posts about patch panels for quarter panels with no luck.

It has been asked about 10 times with no answers. I am hoping maybe something has changed.

I can not for the life of me find Rear Lower quarter patch panels for 2 door Malibus.

I can find El Camino with no issue. I would even be willing to cut up half quarters but it seems all that I can find is Full Quarters. Any Ideas where I can find some???

Help!!!!

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
As flat as they are, they'd be pretty simple for a decent metalman to fabricate. The repro lowers I've dealt with on other cars fall way short of correct profile on the bottom anyway.

I do know a guy that scrapped a 79 sedan and I believe he kept the rear of the quarters. They are the same as a coupe behind the wheel. If you can't find a patch panel new, i can ask about his pieces.

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
Going to buy complete quarters from Ecklers and cut them up. Only choice I have found so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
Well I got my Quarter from Ecklers and it is the worst piece of sheet metal I have ever seen in my life. Do yourself a favor and make sure you see what your getting before you pay for expensive shipping on sheet metal.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!