malibu manual steering rack ???????

sbcmustang

Daily Driver
Nov 8, 2009
KITE Ga.
i have a 79 malibu i am currently working on. It had a alum. headed smallblock in it full interior all steel body and worked perfect on track or highway [-X . Well now i have decided to go to a iron headed (for now) BBC. It also will be driven on highway and ran down track from time to time. My idea is to try to drop the weight off front of car to keep it as close to current setup as possible. One of the first things i thought of was losing the steering box and swaping over to a manual rack. I thought that would be a nice upgrade and would help loose some of the front end weight. I would like to see some pics of these and any info on where i could get ahold of one for my car. Also any problems you may have had swapping this over.

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
TRZ sell a kit to install on your car.....The rack that you need is a shorten pinto rack....I got mine from Quartermax.com they have a shorter one too. I got all the parts for mine for under $200 bucks I won't get it put on untill this spring.....I hope this helps.....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts