Manual Brake conversion Complete!

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I finished up my manual brake conversion today with the TRZ adapter and strange master cylinder. I went to discs on the rear, installed a disc/disc combination valve and ran all new steel lines with steel braided flex lines. For the pedal, i took it out, mocked the whole setup together, and drilled a new hole between the existing two. I then used a 3/8 female rod end to screw directly onto the master cylinder pushrod. I like the strange b/c the rod is retained and cannot fall out. let me know if you have any questions.

CIMG0852.jpg

CIMG0837.jpg

CIMG0836.jpg

CIMG0834.jpg

CIMG0845.jpg

dirty joe

Daily Driver
Mar 8, 2008
oklahoma city, ok
looks great!!! im about to do the same kit on my 79 gp. i have discs on my 9" and was going to get rid of the stock dist block, and add an adj proportioning valve for the back only, and just tee off for the front lines. would this work? i though i read on here where some have done this with success. thanks, joe

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
Joe, I think your way might work. I, however, added an aluminum distribution block in the stock location made for a disc/disc setup and ditched the proportioning valve, So I can't be positive, but conceptually it sounds fine. I haven't driven mine yet either, the car looks good but it hasn't moved far yet...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts