Manual brake swap, S10 master cylinder???

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I know this topic has been beat to death, but I don't remember anybody asking this question before. I found an '85 S10 with man steering and brakes beeing parted out. Bought the steering box and brake system to include the master cylinder, firewall plate, pedal rod and retaining cup. I was going to use the firewall plate, rod, and cup with a new Gbody factory man master cylinder. Thing is, the master cylinder from the S10 looks like it was just replaced and looks like new!
Has anybody done this swap and used the S10 master cylinder?
. I can get the Gbody one for $27 but heck, money is tight right now so every little bit helps!

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
I bet its the same thing every thing els is.

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
That's what i was thinking also, just would be nice to here somebody else has done it and it worked.

slim69

Amateur Racer
Mar 7, 2009
Henderson, ky
its the same u mite have to do some work to the rod to make it work when i did the swap i had to move the rod up on the brake pedal to make it work

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I did some looking on parts sites last night and found the part # is different between the malibu and S10 mastercylinders. Looking at the pics I am thinking that the only difference is the reservoire. The one for the S10 is straight up and the malibu version is angled. I guess the firewall on the malibu is angled back a little more than the S10 is. I'm going to do some measureing and see if the reservoire from my malibu power brake reservoire will fit the S10 man master cylinder. Wish me luck, I'll let you know if it works.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!