Megasquirt ???

injected

Frequent Racer
Dec 21, 2006
Quebec , Canada
Any body had some succes with a Megasquirt stand alone systeme here ??? I am triying it on my small block set up !! do they react well with a solid roller cam not intended for E.F.I purpose??? I am building something stout and wondering if i choosed well ???
sbc 383,keith black forged 11 to 1,4340 crank knived,4340 h beam rods,stock block
solid roller everything with a 260/268 duration cam with .651/.681
1.5 roller rockers,dart iron eagle platinum 215 heads,bowtie intake
4500 stall on a fully built (reverse,brake) th350,411 final gear in a 9 inch
almost stock body !!!
What you guys think ??? Any body can figur a aproximate time on a 1/4 mille :?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Ive wanted to try the MegaSquirt system for some time now, but A little leary. I like the idea of doing my own mapping and getting it set up right and even building the board from scratch. I am capable of doing all that. But what I dont want is to have to tinker with it all the time. Once I get it setup I dont want to mess with it again and from what I understand, you constantly have to play around with them. IDK, I havent had any experience myself though. You gonna try one?-let me know and maybe teach me a few things! :D

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
from what i have read mega susquirt is some good stuff. i think i am gonan run the FAST stuff ot if i can find it used i would really like to get my hand on the big stuff 3, but i doubt i could find any deals on that.

JRodS79

Pro Stocker
Nov 28, 2005
kansas city mo
on the mega stuff you gots to read read read. take a break, then read read and read some more

lots of good stuff but lots of home work. good luck

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
JRodS79 said:
on the mega stuff you gots to read read read. take a break, then read read and read some more

lots of good stuff but lots of home work. good luck

Yup, Megasquirt was designed to "teach" the user how Electronic fuel injection works. So there is no easy button there. I have heard many good things, and considered it myself before choosing a factory type EFI.

jrdrag

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
As long as I hit no major road blocks this weekend, my car will be running under megasquirt power. I will of course have to decide for myself once I get it running but for the price, it can do amazing things. I am so excited to get the motor running and hear this beast for the first time. I am sure all off the features I am drooling over are already available on the main stream EFI systems but I have less than 500 in the ECU and harness. Seems like a deal to me? I dunno.

MALIBU7902

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2003
Gurnee Illinois
yes keep us posted. I am also considering using megasquirt.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!