Monte SS rear spoiler on Malibu???

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
Anybody tried this? Wondering if it can be modified to fit the malibu trunklid. If anybody has done it and has pics it would be great. Thanks!

malihoochie

Dragway Regular
May 28, 2004
michigan(detroit area)
A local guy did one and it came out really nice. He cut a section from the center and attached it back together, painted it up and put it on. Looks great - very subtle. Sorry I have no pics of his car.

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Just buy a replacement M-80 rear spoiler for a malibu....

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
Wher do you get these "M-80" spoilers? And what do they look like? I am a cutlass guy and still learning the ins and outs of the malibus...

I have personally thought about a Monte spoiler on my cutlass, thought it wuold be neat to try out...

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
http://www.maliburacing.com/m80malibu.htm

JumpinG

Amateur Racer
TNTS79 said:
Just buy a replacement M-80 rear spoiler for a malibu....
That M-80 deck spoiler is just plain ugly...Just my opinion

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS
ya, I hate to agree with that... but it does seem a bit exaggerated... looks like a 1st gen camaro spoiler slapped on the back...
I rather like the flat back edge quite a bit better...

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
I think spoilers on malibus look like chit, imho... :-s

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I kinda like the look of the M80 spoiler, but I do agree with rjleiker that it is a bit exagerated looking for the car. Also, every one of the ropo spoilers I have found available are rediculously priced, like $300-$400. I'd rather put on an aluminum race spoiler than that. I was just thinking of a subtle spoiler to add the rear look of the car a little.

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
If you want a "lip" spoiler with the metal look, just go to the local heat and air or fabrication shop and have them cut and bend you one.
Aluminum or stainless.
Attach it to the deck with some stainless hardware and you're there.

bukweet

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts