MOOG springs for a big block street car?

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
I have read all the threads and seen alot of answers but most of them seem to be for drag cars. I am going to be running 2" drop spindles with a big block. I see many say V6 springs for a big block. This car will see hard street driving. Will the V6 springs nose dive if I plant it into a corner hard? I see Moog 5660 and 5664 springs suggested. What is the difference? I have looked at the moog part# chart but doesnt help me much. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
Call these guys...they will set you up.
http://www.p-s-t.com/default.aspx Performance Suspension Technologies

I run the 6 cylinder springs up front in my 79, SBC383. Nice and soft. Driven on the street and strip.
I just replaced the fronts on my 67 Chevelle BBC454....I went with the big block springs since this is mostly street driven. Stance is great and still soft enough to be comfortable.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Try some MOOG 5276's, we've used them on a BBC car and went a 1.21 60 ft. on motor (1st time out, he has since went 1.20 60) w/ 28 x 10.5 stiff-wall slicks and our full suspension setup and bolt-on QA1 adjustable front and rear shocks. He did have to cut about 1/2 a coil off of them to get his ride height where he wanted it (with our front A-arms which lower the car about 1/2" by themselves), but all cars are different and personal preferences vary when it comes to ride height, so you'll just have to be your own judge on that. Just, if you have to cut it, try to have it sit about 1/2" to 3/4" higher than you actually want to allow for settling. This particular car settled closer to 3/4" and the car weighed about 3200 w/ driver.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
TRZ Motorsports said:
Try some MOOG 5276
What are the specific applications for those? I put MOOG 5598s on my car and they are for a 1979 V6 non air Malibu, and so far my car is sitting the same height it was with the worn out factory V8 springs. I am hoping it will settle some, I don't have 25 miles on them yet.

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Not sure what they came on originally, we just used the Moog Spring chart and searched by lengths, weights, and spring types.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts