moroso rear trick springs

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
does anyone know how to tell if my rear springs are the moroso? do they have a part number stamped on them. i noticed that the springs in the rear have a black rubber coating? my front coils are just rusty and the previsous owner did foot brake the car from time to time. im thinking that if i have the trick springs then my air bags are being counter productive.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
they come black powdercoated and the left one is taller than the right and has more coils. mine also have little metal tags that have the part numbers with an "L" or "R" on them to indicate what side they go on.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
What Grizwald said is correct.

78maliburat

Frequent Racer
Sep 24, 2006
cleburne texas
406Monte said:

* Computer designed rear springs engineered to compress at a controlled rate when car is launched for optimum“squat”
* Right-side spring is stronger than left, allowing the car to lift evenly upon launch for balanced weight transfer and more consistent 60-foot times
* CNC-wound from high-strength chrome silicon wire to maintain accurate spring rate and to handle the abuse of hard launches
* Replaces stock OEM springs with no modifications required
* Track proven by professional racers for optimum performance
* Two per package with black painted finish

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
78maliburat said:
406Monte said:

[-(

* Computer designed rear springs engineered to compress at a controlled rate when car is launched for optimum“squat”
* Right-side spring is stronger than left, allowing the car to lift evenly upon launch for balanced weight transfer and more consistent 60-foot times
* CNC-wound from high-strength chrome silicon wire to maintain accurate spring rate and to handle the abuse of hard launches
* Replaces stock OEM springs with no modifications required
* Track proven by professional racers for optimum performance
* Two per package with black painted finish

assuming you're thinking we're wrong because this says the right side spring is stronger than the left, i just want to point out that the right spring IS stronger. it's shorter and has a higher spring rate with less coils. the left is taller, lower spring rate, and more coils.

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
griz is correct

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts