my bu is possessed! wrap your mind around this one!!

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
I was sitting on the couch watching the news and out of the corner of my eye I see this amber flashing. I go out to the driveway and my right turn signal is flashing. I go and check the signal lever and it was centered but it was still flashing, then move the lever a bit it goes out. Good, but that was weird, half an hour later it's doin it again. go out but I notice the taillight isn't flashing, got it to go out again. Not more than fifteen minuets later guess what it's doing. WTF!!! :x I didn't think the signals were supposed to (except the hazards) work with the car off. Signals work fine when I'm driving. I disconnected the neg battery terminal and came in to see what you guys thought. Soooo what do ya think??? :? :?

GreenDragginBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 10, 2003
N.E. Ohio
i think Christine is saying, i want to go for a spin...LoL

something in the colum.... take it apart and check for frayed wires or something loose....

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
Strange that you mention Christine, I did put a DEMON carb on it 8-[ I'll check the cloumn, but wouldnt that flash both front and rear signals?

A

Anonymous

Possibly turn signal switch or a second vote for chaffed wiring,especially if it has tilt.

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
I did pull the column appart and opened up the turn signal and it was all goobuler and gross, cleaned that up and put it back together. So far the bu isn' "winking" at me any more. :lol: thanks for the help guys :D

Z-man

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2006
Barnesville MN/ Fargo ND
???? I painted my mouse chevy engine orange :lol:

Got Torque

Top Fueler
Oct 29, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
Make sure the fusebox is secured properly and grounded if supposed to be so. I remember having about the same problems in one of my old opel cars(gm) and´it all was because of a bad ground.

Your problem does sound more like it would be loose connectors, work out isolators in the column or perhaps just 385owners worth of home-brew wiring :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts