my rear issue pic included

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
basically i am looking for a inexpensive way to lower this without cutting coils etc just a spring swap and looking for proven methods cant swing $$ for the hotchkis etc the front is lower and car nose diving its street use and my wheel/tire in pic is 15 x 8 275/60 only catch is cheap rear spring shocks thanks
79bupics002.jpg

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
replacement monte ss springs will lower it, thats what I use

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
the coils i installed were out of a 79 bu i had but couldnt say if they were originals glad you metioned shocks thinking now when the car is lowered can factory length shocks still be used thanks guys

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
I have a set of moog rear coils, new in the box, had them as a set of spares for my malibu... Also have a set of fronts, I will check the numbers on the rears if your interested?? Let me know...

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
springs out of any camaro 86-92 will ower the car about 1 inch with increased spring rate . take the front sway bar & steering box too while you're at it . look for an iroc or preferabley a convertible v8 car .

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
thanks for the info canadian ,,,,,, tnts thanks for the offer but on a spending freeze just found out by using my debit card and not paying attention i overcharged ouch ](*,) ](*,) and have other issues thanks

bustedknuckle

Dragway Regular
Mar 4, 2008
St. Louis-Missouri
you can also use springs from coil over shocks too. Just the spring you dont have to have the shock.

Local speed chassis shops will have them in different spring rates for around 60$

jerry bickel's in st louis has them (Moscow mills)

about 140# to almost completely tuck the tire

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts