narrowed rear on stock suspension cars.

WeekendWarrior

Frequent Racer
Nov 23, 2009
Stratford, CT
hey guys. im seeing alot of stock suspension cars with frame notches, and what looks like a narrowed rears with a nice deep rim. how are you guys doing this? are you moving the lower control arm mounts in on the rear and the frame? or just the rear? and whats the most that it could be done? 1.5"? 2"?

thanks guys

WeekendWarrior

Frequent Racer
Nov 23, 2009
Stratford, CT
BuWaGone said:
I haven't seen anyone relocate arm mounts. guys just do the frame.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hitman

Dragway Regular
Oct 15, 2004
OKC
My 9" is "narrowed" a little bit, but just to get the tires right where I wanted them. You can't go too much because you run out of room with the brakes/lower control arm.

If you were gonna relocate the lower mounts, you might as well 4-link or ladder bar it.

Barry 85 SS

Frequent Racer
Aug 8, 2005
Newport News, Va
On my 85 Monte SS I moved the frame rails inboard 2.5" each side which took the LCA mounts inboard the same amount, and notched the frame 1". then I moved the LCA mounts on the rear housing, inboard 2.5" each side and narrowed the rear end accordingly. I run 325-50 X 15 MT drag radials on 10" rims with 3.5" back space. Had to move the tubs in 3.5" also.

boostinmalibu

Dragway Regular
Sep 13, 2005
joplin missouri
I moved my rear mount inboard and moved the front mount forward to keep the control arm the same length as factory

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts