Need front spring help for a big block

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
Right now I like the height the front of my car sits with the big block and stock front springs, but I want stiffer springs. I need some recommendations for a front spring that retains about the same height. As of now it sits with the lower a arm pretty much parallel with the ground if that gives anyone a rough idea.

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
I run these..iron headed big block
http://www.hotchkis.net/gm_g_or_f_body_front_lowering_coil_springs_1_drop.html

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
I got mine from OPGI, nice ride. They are for a g body el camino BBC sway, stock to 3" lowered sizes available

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
What about a moog 5658? I know alot of people use it in small block cars to lower around an inch. Do you think it could handle an iron headed big block with a little more front drop?

DamageInc85

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2004
Deland Fl
I ran 5658's in my car,an alum headed bbc,and loved the way it sat.I only took them out to replace them with a more strip friendly v6 spring.I dont have any pics of how it sat with them,but the bumpstop was roughly 3/4 off the frame,if that helps.The car handled fine with them in there.

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
I ended up using basically 5664 springs. I got them out of an s10 blazer and the messages out to be 5664. I cut 1/2 a coil out and it brought the front up about an inch from were it sat with the stock small block springs. I haven't had a chance to drive it much but it seems to ride good and handle excellent compared to the old springs.

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
I'm runnin 5608 un cut with iron head bbc...
Lower control arms are level all the way across
See I'm late posting here :/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts