need help with manual master cylinder

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
Over the winter i did the manual master cylinder swap.I use the trz adapter plate with a dodge master cylinder with a 1-1/8 in. bore diameter.I took my bu out saturday up and down the road in front of my house and it stops like a fully loaded train. The pedal feels like when a power brake car motor turns off, you have to press hard to get it to slow down.I have looked at the manual brake conversion thread and seen some had same people but didnt read how they fixed it. What would be making the pedal b so hard?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
1 1/8" bore is generally a power brake master size. I'd go smaller on the bore, maybe 1" at the largest.

Tommy

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
I am doing the same thing...I will have to check out what size mine is.....Thanks

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
black80bu do you have drum on the rear...I have disc.

Kirbystud

Amateur Racer
Jul 10, 2007
Spencer Iowa
I am hoping the part house will tell me by the part # If recall it is 1.03 something....

black80bu

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2004
severn,maryland
www.fquick.com
LS6 Tommy said:
1 1/8" bore is generally a power brake master size. I'd go smaller on the bore, maybe 1" at the largest.

Tommy

thanks man someone told me that the master cylinder would work so i got one. would the 1.032 bore master cylinder trz sells work with me? Its a factory disc front and factory rear drum brake car.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
black80bu said:
LS6 Tommy said:

Tommy

thanks man someone told me that the master cylinder would work so i got one. would the 1.032 bore master cylinder trz sells work with me? Its a factory disc front and factory rear drum brake car.

That's right around 1 1/32". That should be better if you already have an 1 1/8".

Tommy

nawlins-tim

Frequent Racer
Jan 28, 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
after planning on doing the swap myself, I noticed that Something like the 78-80 malibu offered manual brakes.(but not all parts houses list them) And the stock manual master cylinder shows a bore of I think 7/8" or 15/16". Check out NAPA and ROCK auto. But between having the smaller bore and useing the correct hole on your pedal will make all the difference.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!