need some help with the wiring under the hood

neverdone

Frequent Racer
Feb 22, 2007
southside chicago
ok my regal is a wiring nightmare it doesnt wanna really hold a charge that well and im gonna take baby step as i know some off the problems before i go ankle deep and rip ever thing outta the car curse_sign.gif anyway im attaching a pic of what i need help with
1249518344.jpg

1249518292.jpg

ok as u see i have some open ends what are they for do i need to hook em up someone spliced into it and ran a hacked up -8 power wire to the selinod (sp) and that red power wire that has to butt connectors spliced into it also runs the power in the car??? i hate wiring with a passion curse_sign.gif and help would be great
thanks
kevin

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
Whatcha askin for the rolling chassie?

neverdone

Frequent Racer
Feb 22, 2007
southside chicago
FOFITTYFO said:
Whatcha askin for the rolling chassie?
The malibu is long gone i now have a regal.. Ill sell that rollin depends on how someone would want it to sit

art

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2008
Mastic, New York 11950
The purple wire is the starter. The fat orange one should be to the ignition. After that I'm not so sure.

neverdone

Frequent Racer
Feb 22, 2007
southside chicago
iT has a full msd on it it runs starts and drives but i think all that is hooked u sis power to the inside of the car???

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
was it a v6 or v8 car. if it was a v-6 there should be a pink for HEI a purple for starter, a brown for alt, with a red wire attached to. and two reds for starter at battery terminal.

neverdone

Frequent Racer
Feb 22, 2007
southside chicago
I am assuming it was a v6 83 limited i dont know as i bought it this way as a roller ill check it when i get home from work

v8power

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2008
okc
ok, if it was a v6 harness, then run both of the red wires to the battery side of the terminal, there will be no wires on the other terminal. the purple one goes to the starter solenoid. pink is your HEI. its really simple. but what i would do is go to a boneyard and grab a un-cut harness from the firewall forward. then cut everything off minus the 2 reds, purple,pink and brow.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!