Need Suspension Spring Advice...

~JM~

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
I have a fairly stock '78 Malibu with the 305 & metric transmission. I have a SBC 383 with aluminum heads, intake manifold, water pump, etc, going to be dropped in with a TH350 behind it. The car sets a bit tall in the front to begin with. Once this lighter weight engine is installed, the front will most likely set even higher. I run 15" wheels & I'm not looking for the Pro-Touring look, but I'd like to drop the front an inch or two & the back about an inch.

Anyone have any advice on a spring kit? I'd like to purchase a complete matched kit vs. trying to adapt & cut some other type of springs.

Thank you.

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
We use Eibach Pro Kit 3803.140

In a few weeks we'll have our tried and true UMI springs sitting just about the same as this but in 1" and 2" sets instead of 1.25".

Last edited by a moderator:

~JM~

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
Thank you. I was looking at those. I have used Eibach springs in motorcycle suspensions before.

Any idea what the difference is in their "Sportline" kits, vs. their "Pro-Kit" ?

Actually, it appears that they only offer the "Pro-Kit" for the G-Body. Any idea how much these springs settle after they are broken in?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts