New oil pan gasket leak!! Frustrated!

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I just put a new one piece gasket on my oil pan. Where the oil pan and the timing chain cover meets,I have a drip.This is the second time I've used these gaskets and I keep having the same problem. I tried with and with out silicone. I have a 7qt Milodon oil pan and it only leaks between the pan and gasket. Does anybody have any advice on this matter?

johnnycarlo

Frequent Racer
Apr 6, 2007
RIMBEY AB. CANADA
80malibucoup said:
I just put a new one piece gasket on my oil pan. Where the oil pan and the timing chain cover meets,I have a drip.This is the second time I've used these gaskets and I keep having the same problem. I tried with and with out silicone. I have a 7qt Milodon oil pan and it only leaks between the pan and gasket. Does anybody have any advice on this matter?

The same thing just happene to me this summer. On the timing cover where the lip is welded isn't welded the whole way across and allows the oil to run down in front of the one piece gasket. With the old style gasket a guy would glue that front half moon piece in and would seal up the leak path with glue. On the one piece you are supposed to put it in dry and thats where the problem starts. My leaker was a cheapo chrome timing cover. I checked a GM one and that welded piece was sealed all the way across. If it is leaking between the pan and the gasket maybe you have the thin front gasket and need the thick front style.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I put the gasket on and now I see where it's rally leaking from. The sides of the oil pan are not sealing properly,I think the lips of the pan are bent.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!