Non-pulse to pulse wipers?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Does anyone know what would be needed to convert from a non-pulse wiper to pulse? I figure if I'm planning on getting a new column (going to the stalk controls instead of controls near the headlight switch) I might get one for pulse wipers if it's not too much hassle. Is the wiring the same/similar? I'm also banking on needing the correct wiper motor as well.

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Did you do this conversion yet? if so how did it work out.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
No. If I do wind up doing it, it'll probably be over the winter. I need to get a replacement delay switch (think I broke the one on my replacement column while putting the stalk back in), and I don't really know how to change it. I don't see the point in taking it to a column repair place when I'm confident I could do it myself, I just need to know how to take it out. I'll also either have to run new wiring for the actual wiper, or put an entirely new dash/engine harness in, mainly in part because I don't like cutting/splicing the wiring for something that came from the factory unless I absolutely have to (i.e. auto-manual trans conversion).

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
I'm in the middle of the project just not sure if I have a good motor or not?but the stalk itself just pulls out,if iyt's the insides that are bad then I would think that's a big project,I spliced my wires together with crimp plugs but another option would be to get the two ends that meet from a junkyard and then if you ever went back to the original setup you would only have to disconnect the harness you make? just a thought, I have to figure out how to bench test the motor to see if it's good or bad as I got it from someone here and they weren't sure if it worked or not,well good luck on your project.

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
from what I can tell the wiper motor needs to be out of a car of similar vintage. The wiring is different between the wiper motors from cars with the dash switch and cars with the stalk switch.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
It's also different from year to year. Some dash switch years have different wiring than others...

I've been piecing together stuff for this, too, but I haven't put any time into it yet as getting the car on the road is a larger priority...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!