NOS TIMING SET UP

SMITTY5104

Weekend Racer
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago IL
Anyone have any information on the timing you need to run on a nos sniper 50-175 shot plate kit for a holley carb. motor info I am running a SB 350 performer rpm intake new heads and a holley carb that im buying from a guy i work with i will get the specs soon and update everyone, stock pistons and bottom end. th350 trans with a 2500 stall and a 373 gear out back. I have been doing alot of reading and trying to figgure out the timing issue because I don't want to blow up my motor just due to the fact the the timing was a few degrees off! also a side note im buying the jegs complete fuel system which is capable of 130 gph and a fuel cell any help would be most appreciated

thanks
Smitty

A

Anonymous

I was told -2 deg of timming for every 50 horsepower of Nos for safety then fine tune from there. so if you run 32 total timing and you spray 100 hp Nos you take 4 deg of timing out changing it to 28 deg total. Danny

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
i run 4 degrees off of 36 for a 150 shot with some good fuel added in. make sure you're not running projected tip plugs either.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!