Notched bench seat

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Have any of you guys notched your bench seat so you have room for a shifter ? If you have could you post a picture and is it holding up as far as support for the seat frame ? I have a bench now and I have the extra cloth to do it but I also have a set of Monte buckets. I just dont want to go through the extra expense of having them done to match my interior if the notch works and looks OK.

cherp22

Top Fueler
Apr 12, 2004
Roxana, IL
I have ran several shifters in my Monte with a bench seat, and a 8.50 cage and never had to notch it.

100_0989.jpg

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thats great to know but how tall are you ? Im 5'8 and if I put my seat back far enough to mount a decent shifter I cant touch the gas pedal without reaching. Im looking at a BM ratchet shifter but I need to be a bit closer to the wheel. Ive seen pictures of some seats that were notched but I cant remember where. Im hoping someone on MR had it done.

My father did it in his 55 Chevy, but he has a stick. I don't have any pics though.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thanks for the reply. At this point Im just going to have the Monte buckets redone. Ive got samples of some cloth and vinyl on their way already. Ive been trying to find someone with a jade green interior so I could get an idea of what the stock cloth looks like but it looks like Im the only guy with that color interior in their car. Only downside is I have to have the back seat done too. The car has a custom interior that was in it when I bought it. Its done really well but the way the fabric pattern runs its gonna be hard to make the buckets look right to match the back.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts