Opinions on wheel purchasing options

A

Anonymous

I'd love to be able to buy some 17" AR Salt Flat rims but I can't afford that right now. I've got the factory 14" rims with winter tires on my car right now and I need to decided what to replace them with in the next couple weeks.

Since I can't afford (and probably won't be able to afford for a couple years) the rims I really want, what do you think I should do instead?

I could get some cheap 14" tires for the rims I've got.

OR

I could buy some cheap steel 15" or 16" rims and some summer rubber for them. I'm tempted to do this since it will still be a long time before I can afford some nice aluminum. It would save me ~$50 in the spring and fall if I didn't have to have my winter tires mounted and removed.

What do you think? Are the cheap rims worth buying?

355_79bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 13, 2005
Cotter, AR
Save up until you can afford the wheels you want. You don't need to spend your money twice, and you will never be able to sell the cheap wheels for what you have in them. That's my opinion anyways.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
look for some ralleys, drag lites, pro starts. they even make knock off versions of those. i bet if you surf the net you'll find a good deal. i saw an ad on ebay for 2 15x6 and 15x8 draglites for somewhere around $280-$300

A

Anonymous

I'm leaning toward getting some steel rims now. This summer the plan is to upgrade the brakes, so that means that this winter I'll need rims for winter tires that will accommodate the bigger brakes anyway.

The only issue might be that they only come in a 4" backspacing. I'm thinking of 225/50/R16 and I'm pretty sure they'll fit fine in the back, but I need to figure out if they'll fit in the front. I was hoping they'd have 4.5"bs.

I'll do some searches to see what I can see, but feel free to jump in with some help if you've got some.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts