other f body headers!!

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Has anyone tried the other headers for 98 and newer camaros from places like dna motoring on ebay or hooker or american racing.Just wondered if any of these work since so many are using pacesetters with such good results you cant pick up a set used for anything around my area.
I hate to spend 400 or more for a set when i can get some for half that and they only have to work for a year or so before i replace them anyway.
Just a thought, if i have to i will order a set of the painted ones ,they are a little cheaper and i could prob resell them.What do you guys think.

B.G.

Amateur Racer
Sep 12, 2008
Seymour, Wisconsin
sbmalibu said:
Has anyone tried the other headers for 98 and newer camaros from places like dna motoring on ebay or hooker or american racing.quote]

Before I was pushing the Pacesetters with my plates, I was using Hookers. The guy that does the tunes on the F.I. cars for me out in Arizona said I should try them. I ordered a set of pacesetter f body ones and closely examined them next to a set of hookers, only to find that they're identical and look like they are made in the same place on the same machine. Pacesetters are 1/2 the $$ and I try to do most things on the cheap.
Anyone car argue primary tube size all they want, go measure the exhaust port size on your heads.........1 3/4 is more than adequate for 99%. My .02

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
I have an eBay set on my car. It's the $210 stainless set of long tube. They're 1-3/4 primary and come with gaskets but do not come with header bolts. Or at least mine didn't.
They fit alright but you'll have to put a flat spot in one the primaries on the pass. side. The drivers side went in with zero effort. They're probably a cheep grade of stainless and will most likely rust after a few years or less, but for the price ou can't beat them.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Thats what i was wondering about.Im thinkin i may use a set of those but wanted to know if anyone had tried them.Whats your engine mount setup and is it back or forward of stock.They only have to last 2 years max then it will be getting changed anyhow.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
I just got done mocking up my setup, BRP mounts with Pacesetter F-body headers. Both driver and passenger sides will need a little help from the hammer to clear the frame nicely. I just couldn't justify spending $700 for a set of headers. I bought the painted versions and after the engine is in with the trans for the final time, the headers will come back off and get painted again, or jet coated. I'm sure with setback plates the headers will fit fine, no problems, or some like B.G. sells will also let the Pacesetters drop in perfectly.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
sbmalibu said:
Thats what i was wondering about.Im thinkin i may use a set of those but wanted to know if anyone had tried them.Whats your engine mount setup and is it back or forward of stock.They only have to last 2 years max then it will be getting changed anyhow.
I should have mentioned that, my bad.

I used the 1" setback plates with stock sbc engine mounts. Also the only thing I didn't like about he eBay headers is if you have bigger plug wires, the boots lay on the primaries on 2-3 plugs. I just bought some heat/header wrap to keep them from burning. But back to the main point for $200 you can't beat'em.

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
B.G. said:
sbmalibu said:
Has anyone tried the other headers for 98 and newer camaros from places like dna motoring on ebay or hooker or american racing.quote]

Before I was pushing the Pacesetters with my plates, I was using Hookers. The guy that does the tunes on the F.I. cars for me out in Arizona said I should try them. I ordered a set of pacesetter f body ones and closely examined them next to a set of hookers, only to find that they're identical and look like they are made in the same place on the same machine. Pacesetters are 1/2 the $$ and I try to do most things on the cheap.
Anyone car argue primary tube size all they want, go measure the exhaust port size on your heads.........1 3/4 is more than adequate for 99%. My .02

How much are your plates and how can i get in touch with you to order a set.Also i have a deal going on now on a th400 with crossmember and driveshaft for stock transmission location so do i need my ls in stock location or what.I need the back of the motor,trans mounting face in the same spot as my current smallblock.Thanks.

BAD78BU

Weekend Racer
Feb 13, 2007
Texas
79loserbluebu said:
I just got done mocking up my setup, BRP mounts with Pacesetter F-body headers. Both driver and passenger sides will need a little help from the hammer to clear the frame nicely. I just couldn't justify spending $700 for a set of headers. I bought the painted versions and after the engine is in with the trans for the final time, the headers will come back off and get painted again, or jet coated. I'm sure with setback plates the headers will fit fine, no problems, or some like B.G. sells will also let the Pacesetters drop in perfectly.

What Fbody year range 1999-2002

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts