out with the old

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
well I decided to change out the front springs on the wagon, the car didn't really have any weight transfer to speak of.
I know most of the people on the board say the moroso trick springs are JUNK. Not really sure why they say that though.
so I gave it some thought and went ahead and put new moroso tricks in.
I think I can still use the stock front ones :lol: :lol:

springs001.jpg

Tont

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
t5montecarlo said:
were the front ones heated at some point?

Yes they were. it is amazing what heat does to a spring.

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
That makes me scared to pull mine out. They have also been heated by the previous owner. It must me how you Okie guys do it up there huh. :lol: Just bustin your chops.

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
Malibu355 said:
That makes me scared to pull mine out. They have also been heated by the previous owner. It must me how you Okie guys do it up there huh. :lol: Just bustin your chops.

Man busting my balls calling me an Okie. That is harsh words. I am from the show me state. Ha Ha.
I usually change the springs out and I don't usually heat them up. BUT I was in a rush to get the car out at the end of last year so I just cooked them to get the car to lower down. After watching the car leave with the new motor I knew it was time to get them out.

Now I have the trick springs in. I just have to lower the car 2 more inches, it is not sitting where I want it too.
So I will pull the trick springs back out tomorrow and cut another 1/2 coil off of them and call it good.

Tony

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
hmmm

stafford

Frequent Racer
Jun 11, 2007
Tuttle Oklahoma
Malibu355 said:
Just heat the brand new trick springs :lol:

Nope, not gonna do it. ;)
I just pulled them back out and cut another coil off of them. Man the wagon is really light in the front end
ended up cutting 1 1/2 coils off. It is about 3/4" from where the old worn out stock ones was.

tony

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!