pics of lowered drag malibu?????

chevynewbee

Daily Driver
May 31, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
Looking for folks to post some pics of their bu's that are lowered and used for drag racing. I'm not a fan of the back end up in the air, and want to see what they look like when the front and back are level and lowered. THX!

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
only one i can find of mine right now.
l_60786bf420844046b828672cadf6eec3.jpg

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
Lowering and drag racing sometimes will fight against each other... You want the front end to have enough upward travel to keep from unloading the rear tires. You also want the rear to "squat" evenly if possible for the car to hook. There are some good suspension set up threads on this forum just browse around some of the suspension threads. The factory set-up with a replacement set of springs and some good adjustable upper and lower control arms, possibly lower control arm relocation brackets is more than good enough to get a malibu into the mid 7's or lower in the 1/8 mile...

chevynewbee

Daily Driver
May 31, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
I completely understand how lowering it could be difficult in regards to drag racing, but at the same time, I know it is possible for a good launch to occur with the right suspension set up in the rear. I just don't want to go buy some wheels/tires for the car, then lower it, and find out that the tire set up won't work. I am trying to find a good suspension combo now, so that I can get it to sit where I would like it, and then get some tires to fit it.

By the way, does anyone know what a stripped 78 Bu weighs in at? No interior, other than a bucket seat, the a/c stuff is all gone. I'm guessing it is around 3200 or less????? I haven't had the ability to weigh it yet.

chevynewbee

Daily Driver
May 31, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
juicedimpss, what size wheel tire combo are you running, and what did you do for suspension? I would be OK with the way that sits. Its not real high in the back, but it isn't slammed to the ground either!!!!!!!!

juicedimpss

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2007
Milwaukee Wi
www.clocksoffracing.com
28x11.5 et street on a 8" rim in rear and 28" sportsman pros in front

it sits as low as i would want it to as a street car,any lower would drag exhaust on our shitty roads.

A

Anonymous

malibulvr said:
Malibu355 said:
:shock: Thats a HUGE tire on the last car.

Looks like a 315 Drag Radial. Would love to know how he got that to fit and if it's still stock suspension car!
That is Scott Bitzer's bu from Md. Yes it's a 315 & yes it is still stock susp. It's got max frame notch & rolled lip with 10" beadlocks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts