Pinion angle and Relocation brackets

JUAN W

Dragway Regular
Hi guys I need your help with my suspension, i never had traction problems with my set up with footbrake but now we installed another th350 with transbrake and a bigger converter and the tires spins very hard, I tried to launch at 4500, 4000, 3500 with the same problem
this is my setup , i was using M/T 28x9 slicks on 8'' wheels, metco lower trailing arms with the relocation bracket, jegster uppers and antirollbar.
At the front i have moroso drag springs and qa1 single adj shocks

variascelnokia345.jpg

variascelnokia346.jpg

At this time we already notch the frame and i put 15x10 wheels on 28x10.5 m/t slicks
I have been reading here at several post that is better to have the lower arms parallel to the ground so i already removed the relocation brackets and i bought this upper arms from 5 door but i'm wondering what hole to use to install them at the rearend mount after the relocation bracket was removed.
any advice about it would be apreciated.
170920102250.jpg

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
Juan, just use the upper hole, the one that I used when they were in my car. When I originally made those, I used to plates that already had the other hole in them to save time making them and I just added the upper hole. Nothing will change in the car if you switch holes. The extra hole there will do nothing as far as changing how the suspension works. So, just use the hole that I used.

JUAN W

Dragway Regular
thanks john, and what do you think about remove the relocation brackest? i'm planning to set the pinion angle at -3 degrees.

My best e.t. is 10.60 and 1.54 at the 60 feet on footbrake launching at 2500 on footbrake

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
Yeah, the relocation brackets are not necessary at all. They seem to work on low 12 to high 10 second cars, but anything faster than that, they suck. If you're still using rubber bushings, I'd start out at 5 degrees pinion angle. I've seen cars with rubber bushings that like 5-7 degrees, especially with old worn out bushings.

JUAN W

Dragway Regular
racecar77 said:
Juan, What kind of rear end is that? It looks like a Dana by the looks of the cover. Lee
yes, its a dana 44, the only g bodys availables in Mexico were malibus and montecarlos, all of them came with dana 44, except the 6 cilinders malibus they had dana 30.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f245/mexibu/dana44001.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts