POR 15 and other Rust inhibitors.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
lostsrevenge said:
Has anyone used any of these, looking to coat the underside of the Malibu wagon and frame. Anyone have any advice on preping the surface?
I used POR-15 on the floor boars on my 81 and the 79 but i havent look to see how its working.

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
I used the POR -15 also, haven't rusted yet. When they say don't get it on you, They mean it. Got it on my hands/arms and man it took forever to get off. I had black spots on me for weeks :lol:

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
Ive used them and they work great just make sure the area your working in is well ventilated and you wear a respirator. That stuff is wicked.

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
I used it and it worked excellent on the floorboards inside the car but not much luck on the underside. I spent hours cleaning and it would not stick and ended up coming off in a sheet

Wile E

Dragway Regular
Aug 11, 2003
Central WISC
While I had the body off, I stripped the underside to the bare metal, cleaned and etched it before I applied the por-15. Looks awesome. Really took my time. Too bad it will never be seen. Etching the metal is the key to getting the stuff to stick to clean metal. Use their stuff, I think it's called "metal ready" or go to your local paint store. DuPont makes something simular. I prefer Ospho (not sure if I spelled that correctly) it's the strongest I've found, I also prep body panels with it before primer.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm not sure if you went to Eastwood's site yet.
http://www.eastwood.com/

Here's the article I was telling you about:
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:0EdNCWhOe24J:www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp%3FitemID%3D852%26itemType%3DCATEGORY%26iMainCat%3D688+eastwoods+vs+por15&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Had to use the cached version 'cause it's not on the site for some reason.

scuba_steve's_bu

Frequent Racer
Apr 9, 2009
Rock Rapids, Iowa
POR 15 is great stuff-as long as you use it the correct way. they have certain steps they recommend to make it work correctly and last a long time.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!