Power door locks/power windows info.

A

Anonymous

I have a 1980 malibu M80 with a 383 stroker,th350 transmission,8.5 rear with welded posi,3" dual exhaust,msd 6a ignition box and malory distributor.So i have also converted to electric fans and water pump and had to add a brake acumulator for the vacuum.So now im focusing on the interrior and i have been looking to see if anyone ever converted to power door locks and power windows and i couldnt find anything out there so i decided to do it myself and im gonna share the info with all that wants to read....

Ok for the power windows i started to think what kind i can use well i figured how all G body cars are basicly the same i expanded my search out to monte carlos and el caminos and i found a site. a1electric.com....I started to look around the site and i found a a kit for El Camino/Monte Carlo 78-87 and i decided to buy it.On the site after you select that kit which doesnt come with the switches or harness it does give you like 10 different types of switch combo's.I decided to go with OEM. For the regulator kit it only cost 250 bucks and with the harness and switches it all came up to about 430 bucks which i didnt think was bad at all for OEM stuff.

here is the direct link to the regulator kit.http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=GM19-K

Now for the install:

After i removed the old crap out of my door i supported the window with a peice of 1 x 1 peice of wood i cut to keep the window all the way up. The kit comes with instructions and all i had to do was drill 2 new holes and the whole kit installed like it belonged in the door. Im sure depending on the year you might have the holes might be there or the might not.

for the power door locks i just used the universal kit they have that came with keyless entry and alarm.It comes with instructions and you have to get alittle creative and dont be afraid to cut some metal out of the way to make it fit.

If anyone has any questions im more than happy to answer them.

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
How easy is it to get replacement motors and door lock regulators? Sometimes companies don't offer individual parts...only "kit" replacements. The kit looks good though....does the kit allow for you to run the windows off a relay? I prefer to power them through relays instead of the switch. Nice stuff at any rate.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
It looks to me like it uses the OE motor. If so it's not a bad deal at all, I like easily serviceable stuff :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts