power loss

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Just wondering how much power would you lose with a head gasket leak and a camshaft that wore out prematurely? basically rounded off the lobe Would it affect the amount of boost the engine would make?
Thanks for the help guys

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
I would think it would be a lot of power loss. Draging around a dead cylinder or two.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
it still ran strong but got really hot driving around. Before i put it away for the winter i gave it one last blast which ended up blowing the head gasket and filling the cylinders full of antifreeze. i shut it off before it hydro-locked on me. Turns out i screwed up and use the stock style head bolts with just grade 8 washers under them on aluminum heads. Which the end result was i didnt get the proper torque on the heads and the head gaskets were moving around everytime the engine heated up and cooled down. So after taking it apart i found the cam wore a lobe off on top of the blown head gasket.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Ouch that sucks man sorry to hear it. #-o

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
live and learn i guess. i just need to get a few more parts then i can put it back together( if i get called back to work). should run better than it did before. ill let you know how it goes.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!