Problem fitting drag radials

78ZZ4

Daily Driver
Sep 10, 2007
Staten Island. NY
I have a set of BfGoodrich T/A Drag radials, the problem is fitting them. Here is a picture of the car with the current wheels im using (so you get a general idea of offset):

IMAGE_021.jpg

They fit just fine onto those wheels, the dimension of the tires are p295/65r15. Stupid me bought them cheap at the swap meet and never decided to check to see if they would fit, they just looked big and cool and I needed big and cool tires so what the hell.

Anywho, I tried bolting them on at a shop and wound up wasting 14 bucks when I found out that they rub against the frame, I bought a set of cheap wheel spacers again stupid move, they fit great at that point, too bad my studs arent long enough. So now where do I stand? Should I buy the expensive aluminum wheel spacers with their own studs for $70 a pair? Will they fit? Will it hit the lip of the wheelwell? Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

What size are your wheels. I fit a 295/65 15 MT Drag Radial on an 8 inch wide rim with 3.5 bs on my Malibu. It's tight but doesn't rub. All I did was roll the wheel well.

78ZZ4

Daily Driver
Sep 10, 2007
Staten Island. NY
ChrisIDV said:
What size are your wheels. I fit a 295/65 15 MT Drag Radial on an 8 inch wide rim with 3.5 bs on my Malibu. It's tight but doesn't rub. All I did was roll the wheel well.

well, there are 7 inch tires on there now I think. So im guessing 15X7

Now someone told me I have to swap the rear out when changing size.

A

Anonymous

ChrisIDV said:

i gotta roll mine. how well did it work?

A

Anonymous

Fine once I traded the fancy POS wheel well roller for a baseball bat.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts