Pypes Race Pro Dual Exhaust System

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-SGG12R/

Does anyone have any feedback on installation and this system in general?

I feel I have found the right exhaust system for my Malibu!

For installation info my Malibu is a '79 coupe with Hooker 2451's with 2,5" reducer and TH350 transmission, I also of course have a double hump crossmember.

Cheers :)

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
run,,dont walk,,,run! stay with torque tech.

http://www.torquetechexh.com/

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
What reason do I have for running?

Edit: Also the price is about as high as I can go, the Pypes system is probably as expensive as I can go. The toll and sending costs to Iceland are extreme!

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
Alexander said:
What reason do I have for running?

Edit: Also the price is about as high as I can go, the Pypes system is probably as expensive as I can go. The toll and sending costs to Iceland are extreme!
im sure bro, that sucks. from what ive read and heard from others you just about need a pipe bender to get the pypes system to fit.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
for that kinda money you can have a shop make one up custom

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
Excelerater said:
for that kinda money you can have a shop make one up custom

Oh no, this is Iceland baby.. it's EXPENSIVE :evil:
I'm paying around 900 bucks for the pypes exhaust system, hooker 2451's(with reducers) and that's with the 10% off with the code somewere on the forum!
Belive it or not, that is a good deal in Iceland now!!!

I talked to a shop what it would cost me for them to make a dual exhaust system that exits in the rear, stainless and 2,5" with two pretty open flow mufflers.. that was 850$ made and put under my Malibu

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Personally I like my Pypes system. I didn't have much trouble installing it on the car either, aside from it being my first aftermarket system & figuring out the best method to putting it all together.

For the headers, I put mine in from the top on the passenger side, and from the bottom on the driver's side. Make sure the oil filter & starter are removed beforehand and you have a lot of room under the car, it makes things MUCH easier, and both sides slid right into place for me (pass. side may not be quite as easy, I removed the heater/A/C box).

Alexander

Frequent Racer
Oct 23, 2009
Iceland/Norway
I will be cleaning out the whole engine bay for touching up on the engine, painting it and removing all rust that could be on engine parts and in the engine bay so fitting the headers will be no problem :)

But it's funny if some people have trouble installing and some have no problems at all, perhaps the pipes aren't always alike or does it say something about the people who are installing the systems? :lol:

I have kindof a hard time beliving Pypes would make a system for the G-Body's and then we would need a pipe bender to install it, they do of course say that some cutting may be required the buyer should know that.

I actually think I will get the SGG12R Pypes system even though it had some bad reviews on the installation but it had some good aswell. I have people who can help me to modify it if I need to..

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
ICELAND .........my bad...
Would love to travel one day and check you guys out,I hear its a
great place to live

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!