QA1 rear shocks best adjustment

Chief11885

Amateur Racer
Jun 17, 2006
Kansas
I took my car to the track last weekend and the drivers rear tire was hitting hard so i ordered me some QA1 single adjustables alond with some double adjustable upper and lower control arms. I need my car to hook i am having a 2.10 60ft. So i am wondering what would be the best starting place for these shocks thanks.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
I don't know about your car but mine like to be set on the firm side, { 12 clicks firm } What I would do if I was you is set them around 10 and start making passes and watch your 60 ft's and adjust from there. I have my fronts set loose just a couple clicks off the minus- { all the way loose} Don't make multiple changes at the same time and watch you're time slips. It took me about 8 passes to get it set up nice. My 60 ft's went from mid 1.65 to low 1.50's with the shock change and moroso rear springs. Have fun Tom

purple barney

Frequent Racer
Mar 29, 2009
Raleigh NC
yes great topic i just put single adjustables on mine though qa1 suggested 3 to 5 clicks for foot brake cars???? i have mine three clicks on the driver side and 4 on the passanger, but im not hooking either

Chief11885

Amateur Racer
Jun 17, 2006
Kansas
so are you running factory control arms because i have read the you will still have that problem with running the old factory rubbers on the old control arms because they are so hard. that is why i ordered a hole bunch or new stuff for the rearend.

Malibuwagon80

Dragway Regular
Aug 8, 2007
North Jersey
I'm running a Ford 9 in with Iceman boxed lowers, and adjustable uppers. They both are solid bushings. Check his website out here. i had CE 3-way shocks, but put Moroso springs in the rear last fall and then the QA 1's. With the moroso springs the car sat about 2 in lower and my lower control arm wound up being paralel with the car {level}. After putting the rear springs in I found out that I did not have the rear in the car squared, so when putting the new control arms in it is important to make sure you have the rear in correctly. Plus I will be swapping out the stock rubber bushings in the rear upper control arm mounts. On any racing setup you should eliminate any rubber bushings cause this will allow play in the suspension. If you're building a street set up they do have other options {poly}

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!