quarter trim,lower door panels, and dash questions!

fatboy

Weekend Racer
Dec 8, 2009
Great Bend, Kansas
From the land of dumber than a brick come even more dumb questions. You guys have helped so much so far I think I owe you a beer or two or three. Here are the questions from this weekend.

Do the lower door panels on a 79 Malibu come off independent of the upper door panels? And are the only screws the ones on the arm rest and under the arm rest?

How does the quarter trim around the rear window come off? I found and removed two screws and it slides back and forth but what do you do to get it off without breaking it to dye it?

How does the black trim piece on an 86 Monte Carlo come off the dash so the dash can be painted? I have one on the cracked dash that is in better shape than the one on the dash without cracks but I do not want to mess either of them up changing them out.

How do you change the vents from one of these black panels out? Same Monte dashes why make it easy…

Thanks once again for all your help!!!

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Hey, Yes the upper and lower door panels are independent of each other. Yes the only screws are the ones in the arm rest, With the arm rest removed there is two more larger screws. On my Malibu the Quarter window panels come off easyer By unscrewing the steel plates that hold the quarter window in place, But if all the trim screws are out the panel can be pop off the window steel retanner. Doug

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts