question about some wheels i just ordered

Blacktop

Daily Driver
Jan 22, 2008
Northeastern Illinois
ok i just ordered some torq thrusts 2s heres is what i got
15x4s for the front 17x8 4 3/4 backspacing for the rear. i need to know if anyone has this combo and what is the largest tire i can fit. My fender lip is rolled.

l_7132523fe1d4cada91f672e5cb19291a.jpg

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
why 17's on the rear and 15's in the front? not sure i've ever seen that combination before.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
hey, they look great! i've never seen that before, no offense. man, what a difference from the old pic. post some more pics. yes, your malibu is nicer than mine, but i ain't mad at'cha! love the color combo, btw.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Not to sound insulting, but what exactly do you intend to accomplish by running a 17" X 8" rear wheel and a 15" x 4" front? If you're going for the bigs-n-skinnies look for drag racing, a 17"wheel is not the best thing for the rear. Remember that the less sidewall a tire has, the less forward traction it'll have compared to tire with an equal tire design, diameter & tread width but a taller sidewall profile. If you're going to the 17" rears for handling reasons, doing that combined with a 15" x 4" front tire won't give you that either. The car will understeer like there's no tomorrow.

Tommy

Blacktop

Daily Driver
Jan 22, 2008
Northeastern Illinois
I am going for the look! i have Pro Stars in the pic above, when it was red for drag racing. Its a True Street Car. Thanks for your concern.

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
Blacktop said:
I am going for the look! i have Pro Stars in the pic above, when it was red for drag racing. Its a True Street Car. Thanks for your concern.

"thanks for your concern" :roflback: the look your goin for definately works, i like it. in your original post, with the pic of your car with the front hoops hangin high, i couldn't figure out what you were tryin to do, because it was obviously a drag car. i like the fact that it has been made over into a car that you can drive and enjoy everwhere and anywhere. what is the current drivetrain, if you don't mind me asking.

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
It is a different look, havent decided if I like it, but that isnt what matters. Overall, both cars look awesome, especially the 2 tone paint job.

SEVNT 9

Dragway Regular
not to hijack the thread but blacktop are the prostars for sale? and what size are the rears? i like both cars very much!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts