questions about DixieMonteCarlo interior paint

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Can anyone tell me how DixieMonteCarlo's non-custom mixed Medium Dark Grey compares to the stock GM grey interior? Actually, I'm not sure if my interior would be considered grey or "shadow blue" so I guess the same question applies to their Shadow Blue interior paint if you've tried it. I'm hoping that the non-custom mixed colors are close enough.
ColorCheck.jpg

O. D. Showtime

Top Fueler
Nov 23, 2003
Regina SK Canada
Hey Dean...check with one of your local paint shops...they should have paint to match that. That's what a couple of us have done here.

Kevin

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
I've heard good things about the interior dye Canadian Tire sells (Duplicolor ?) and it's cheap, but if it doesn't turn out I don't think you can keep redoing it so I was thinking about springing for the SEM products. Then I started worrying that none of these product would be as tough as the molded in color so maybe I should only paint the off-color pieces that I have. Next I started to stress about how the dye color might match up with the original color and that led me to DixieMonteCarlo.

I have an unhealthy tendency to obsess over details. My car is a junker and worry about this???
stupid.gif
:lol:

79Landau

Frequent Racer
Aug 28, 2005
Delhi Ontario,Canada
Cutlass3800 said:
I have an unhealthy tendency to obsess over details. My car is a junker and worry about this???
stupid.gif
:lol:

Don't we all? ](*,)

If your going to dye the pieces....spend the money on SEM... Mar-Hyde it also a good one but I heard they stopped making it :-k

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!