Quietest mufflers around?

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
In the LS, I want a set of cheap very quiet, 2.5" mufflers. What would you all suggest?

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
:?: :?: :?: Wrong forum?

A

Anonymous

i would say california turbo mufflers... you know, the 14 dollar ones from o'rielly... any turbo style muffler with baffles and restriction in it will quiet it up, but be aware that a really quiet muffler tends to really kill performance too. i would look into a multi chamber flowey or something. the pypes cat back 2.5 system has race pro mufflers and its really quiet with the tail pipes on, but loud with no tailpipes.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
cutlass389 said:
:?: :?: :?: Wrong forum?
Goin for the sleeper effect. I have cut-outs to, and will run something loud/"flowy" off one end, but want something real quiet for everyday... you know, stay below the radar. :lol:

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Sleeper, gotcha. Although I've never done it, the ultimate sleeper in my mind would have 2 Dynomax bullet mufflers in the traditional location AND 2 more tucked inside the framerails after the axle to the tail with turndowns just before the bumper. Kinda' like resonators. The exhaust would be completely straight through with no restrictions, but full length with two silencers per side to keep a lid on things. Mandrel over the axle of course. I used to run 2.5" Dyno bullets in the traditional place with full tail pipes out the rear and it was very mellow under 1/2 throttle. Pure evil above that though.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
My friend's dad had a '95 full size Chevy, went with a pair of 50 series Flowmasters, and it was pretty quiet, but still had a fairly deep idle to it (manifolds, no cats).

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
78maliburat said:
summit welded mufflers a knock off of flows nice tone cheap too

I had those on the car for a day.... too loud..

I ended up getting the cheap turbo mufflers, I think they are thrush or walker. 15.00 at the local car store.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts