ramchargers electric fan wiring with thermostat

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
ok i have had the ramchargers fan with the nice weather pack for 2 years now, but no harness. im gonna put it on the winter, but not really handy with electrical. obviously i came up short on my search for the harness from ramchargers since it was bought out by allstar performance. is this the wiring harness that was offered? id like not to destroy the weather pack and get a plug in unit, or at least a pig tail i can mate up to or create a harness from. i see the painless unit, but dont know how to wire it to a plug and that box wouldnt look good anywhere. anybody have any other ideas? i like the flex-a-lite thermostat unit but how easy or difficult would it be to hook up to this. any one have a written or pictorial step by step kinda thing to wiring this up? i do want a thermost controlled switch, with a back up manual switch just incase

allstar kit
http://www.allstarperformance.com/product.htm?prod=720

painless kit
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10001_10002_24277_-1

flex-a-lite kit
http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/vsc.html

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
I would recommend the Spal PWM controller over the Flex-a-Lite-much more dependable. And no need for an alternator upgrade with it. We also build over-ride kits for everything up to our HD Mark VIII fans with a 70 amp relay. Let me know what you need and we can go from there. -Jabin

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
well i already have the fan as mentioned and dont want to cut the wires at all. it has a weather pack type adapter (4 male & 2 female). what im lookin for is somethin to plug into this that i can control the on and off temp of the fans. now my fans have a high and low but i dont think both, its either one or the other. i need it to run the fans on high

gmachinz

Frequent Racer
Apr 5, 2005
Iowa
I believe on those RamCharger fans, you need to bridge the red and green leads together, then connect them to the fan output of your controller. BUT, and this is a BIG BUT-find out the total amp draw of the fans together before using any controller particularly the Flexalite VSC-they are not stable for extended amounts of time at 100% current draw. Cheap, pancake style motor designs it can handle, HD OEM type fans it cannot. Also, while you can set your system to kick both fans on via a temperature switch, you should give some thought to a manual over-ride for when you are using your AC. Do you have any build date info on your fans? Chrysler dumped the pre 1998 electric fan design due to high bearing failure rate and exceedingly high amp draw-ie bad motor design. There was some Internet guys awhile ago selling these fans at a cheap price because they were sold off cheap to begin with. Chrysler re-designed them after 1997 so anything newer than that is okay. Just some FYI for ya. -Jabin

Dom87SS

Pro Stocker
Jun 6, 2003
Lake Villa, IL
www.stroked57.com
they were purchased new through ramchargers.com a year to a year and a half ago. the car doesnt have AC, and i was gonna do a manual over ride swith anyway becuase on those super hot days id liek to turn it on and leave it runnin for a little bit. i guess thing to do would be get a electric pump as well and wire tehm together so i could circulate and cool the water with the car off. but that wont happen soon since i have a good aluminum one now. i read that if you just use the gren wire iirc it puts the fans on low all the time, and the red one runs it on high. i guess i still have some more reading to do on this stuff.

MY FYN 79

Frequent Racer
Oct 31, 2003
N/E WI
www.cardomain.com
Contact http://www.gosmm.com .

They bought out the remaining fans from Ramchargers awhile back and have compatible harnesses.

DamageInc85

Frequent Racer
Jan 22, 2004
Deland Fl
I heard the fans were Mopar style so I went to the junk yard and got a few diff plug ends til I pulled one from a 2000 Stratus and it plugged right into the Allstar fan I have.I havent wired it up yet so I cant tell ya how to do that end of it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!