Rear Air Bags

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
Hello everyone,
This is my first real post here and i'm hoping someone here can enlighten me with some good knowledge.

I found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260646880817&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
And i've read a few different things about them. Some places say they are good and others bad.

I am looking for anything that is going to help me hook. I'm hoping someone here has had first hand experiecne and can tell me the good and bad about these and if they are worth it or not

Thank you everyone,
1980PontiacWagon

[email protected]

Daily Driver
Feb 11, 2009
These can only add spring rate, not much adjustabilty. Adjustable shocks would give you the most options. If you only concerned with launches..... we used to run weak springs and empty shocks up front (a cheap option) to make the nose come up right away which transfers the weight rearward. You (depending on how big of a motor) will have to preload the rear the rear to keep things straight

1980PontiacWagon

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2011
Northern Virginia
Ok. Thank you for clearing that up for me. My car is a 1980 pontiac wagon. Chevy 489 big block, iron heads, bilstein shocks all the way around. Hotchkis lowering springs up front. Stock springs in the rear.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!