rear control arm angles

hopper

Weekend Racer
Jul 7, 2005
n.e pa.
with stock lowers and adj. uppers and 28" rear tires, i am installing coilovers on the rear.... What is a ballpark frame height or upper and lower control arm angles to shoot for to have the instant center in the ballpark...... then looking to hook up a trz roll bar in the rear next

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
If still using a factory 7.5 or 8.5 rear, these cars usually like to sit with the rear lowers pretty much level. But that depends on the power the car is making. How fast are you looking to run?

hopper

Weekend Racer
Jul 7, 2005
n.e pa.
car goes 11.50's now but with a 1.90 60' time.... running 28" drag radials, i tried a set of the lower control arm relocating mounts welded on the rear and 60' times got worse, just blows the tires off on the line..... currently i put adjustable uppers on with a -3 pinion angle and factory rear sway bar, put the bolts back in original holes on rear..... looking at adding coil overs and a trz sway bar on the back for spring. can you hook me up ???? what about upper arm angles if the lowers are level, could make adjustable while i have the rear out of the car

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
11.50's with a 1.9 60 thats rough! On a similar setup we have here, we have the rear lower frame mount at about 10 3/4" off the ground. I honestly couldnt tell you where that is in relation to factory height. With a 28" tire this car goes 1.39 60' and 10.0 on motor. Maybe that'll help ya. Also it has a GN 8.5 in it.

hopper

Weekend Racer
Jul 7, 2005
n.e pa.
my car also has the 8.5 gn rear in it also....... i told ya i need rear suspension help!!!!!

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
Alot of things affect how these cars hook up. Front and rear shocks, front springs. rear control arms. These all play a big role. Along with rideheight. With the 8.5 pretty much the lower the better, If running a slick of any sort. A drag radial gets a little more tricky.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts