Rear Wheel Backspacing Advice Needed - '82 Malibu Wagon

LuvNLife

Daily Driver
Oct 11, 2007
Manassas, VA
Hello all; another newbie here! Hopefully within the next 2 weeks I'm going to be the proud owner of an '82 Malibu wagon coming from another site member. I don't want to chance jinxing anything, so I won't name names 'til after the deal is all done.

Like everyone else here, I can't wait to start in on making it "mine", and first up is wheels and tires. I know I'm going chrome Rallys with police caps, with 15x6's up front, and 15x8's on the rear. For rear tires, I'd like to go with either a 225/60/15 which will keep the speedo close to correct or a bit taller with a 235/60/15.

The part I need some advice on is backspacing, The 15x8's come in 4, 4.5 and 5 inch backspacing. The goal is not to roll the quarter lip and not have to use a BFH on the inner wells.

Anybody that's been down this road before, I would appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Jerry

PS: I did search like crazy before posting, but no luck...

bukweet

Top Fueler
Mar 22, 2005
Mississippi Gulf Coast
My longroof is going 15x8---4in backspacing and 255-60's on the rear. I'm thinking 205-65 for the front on 15x7's.

bukweet

A

Anonymous

yep

4" and a 255-60 AT MOST if you wont roll the fender lip. 275 will get abused on the sidewall w/o a little "massage" by a BFH.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts