Redesigned Upper and Lower Front A-Arms for the G-Body

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
UMI's redesigned front upper and lower A-arms for the 78-88 GM G-Body are now available. The lower A-Arms now feature a bump stop, spring index and steering stop with a new robust design. The upper A-Arms now feature an improved ball joint angle for lowered vehicles and more caster has been added for alignment. Tall ball joints will be an option for improved camber curve.

Our lower A-arms are also available with Delrin bushings as an option while the upper A-arms are supplied standard with them. We also have a drag race only set up in works that will be released shortly.

More information can be found here- http://www.umiperformance.com/303133

Thanks for looking!
Ryan

3031a_LRG.jpg

303133a_LRG.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Nice looking pieces!

Tommy

j&amotorsports

Amateur Racer
Apr 11, 2008
laurel springs nj
UMI Performance said:
UMI's redesigned front upper and lower A-arms for the 78-88 GM G-Body are now available. The lower A-Arms now feature a bump stop, spring index and steering stop with a new robust design. The upper A-Arms now feature an improved ball joint angle for lowered vehicles and more caster has been added for alignment. Tall ball joints will be an option for improved camber curve.

Our lower A-arms are also available with Delrin bushings as an option while the upper A-arms are supplied standard with them. We also have a drag race only set up in works that will be released shortly.

More information can be found here- http://www.umiperformance.com/303133

Thanks for looking!
Ryan

3031a_LRG.jpg

303133a_LRG.jpg

Are they mild steel or chromoly? if so weight savings to oem control arms. Im in the market to buy a package upper and lowers. but im looking to cut weight. Thanks John

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
ryan

is the lower bj still in stock location or did you move it froward?

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
These are mild steel and the weight savings is 8lbs for the set. It is not a lot but these aren't just designed for drag racing, they are used for heavy street use and even Pro-Touring set ups. We have a drag race style in the works now where the upper A-Arm will feature an aluminum cross shaft for weight savings and a low friction ball joint.

Wildman- The lower ball joint is in the factory location. The upper ball joint has been moved rearward to gain positive caster.

I hope this helps!
Ryan

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
:( 4* caster im already rubbing wheelj well liner with stock setup. your setup would roll it father back. moving lower bj foward would increase clearance for wider tires and increased caster

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
malibu795 said:
:( 4* caster im already rubbing wheelj well liner with stock setup. your setup would roll it father back. moving lower bj foward would increase clearance for wider tires and increased caster

What is rubbing? We were able to get 6.5 degrees of positive caster with no rubbing.

CopperTop

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2011
Hi Ryan.. My name is Aaron.. I am in the process of doing the whole suspension on my BU. I have been looking at many front control arm sets for the car. Some of my friends say to stay with the stock stuff, but I like to go all in and get it all done.. I have been looking at your set and the sets of your comp. I am not a drag racer and Im setting up the car for protouring look.. Can you help me with some info? Are your control arms straight bolt on? Are the lower ball joints replacable if and when time comes? I read that the upper ball joint is moved back slightly from stock, will that cause my wheels to rub the back of the wheelwells on turns or can it be centered with a proper alignment? I hope these arent a lot of questions, I just like to get the right stuff and do the job once. I hope to here from you soon..
P.S. Are there any promotions going on to save a little $$$$$... lol
Thanks Aaron

UMI Performance

Amateur Racer
Oct 5, 2005
Bigler, Pa
www.umiperformance.com
Hello Aaron, Thanks for the questions and I will be glad to help you.

For a pro-touring set up we would recommend the taller upper ball joints and Delrin bushings. The tall upper ball joints enhance the vehicles camber curve and keeps the tire patch flatter on the ground when coming into a turn. If you would like more information on why we use these and how it works let me know and I will go into more detail. On the upper a-arm the ball joint pad is moved back slightly, this allows for a better and more modern alignment which will offer you better steering feel and more stability, the move allows more caster to be achieved. The tires will not rub and you shouldn't have any issues.

The Delrin bushings come standard in the upper a-arms and optional in the lower a-arms. Delrin allows the suspension to react a lot quicker and travel better as it needs to, it prevents bind and allows the a-arms to move when needed. For a more street oriented car the polyurethane bushings would be best.

The lower upper and lower ball joints are standard off the shelf ball joint part #'s for that vehicle, so you just buy ball joints for your car. The tall upper ball joints would come from us. Both upper and lower a-arms are direct bolt in's with no modifications.

Here is the pro-touring style kit- http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_59_275&products_id=635

At this time we get very busy with the tax rush then the spring rush so we won't be running any promotions until mid summer. If I can help anymore please ask and I am glad too. Thanks!
Ryan

CopperTop

Daily Driver
Aug 1, 2011
Tomorrow is the day the UMI control arms get installed. Ryan and Ramey were a great help. They helped me get the product I needed for the look and ride I want. Pics will be taken. Thanks guys

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!